what was life like?

So, I've been thinking lately about my life... and I've been thinking about what it was like before had Cole. I honestly can't remember. Isn't that sad? I mean, he's only 20 months (that's almost 2 for all you who don't have kids!). My life has changed so drastically. Like, what did I do with my Saturdays? I know I slept in, and there's something I vaguely remember about being able to go to the movies whenever I want, and hanging out with friends... then there's the fact that I could clean my house and it would stay that way for longer than one evening (cause I clean after Cole's in bed... so, it does stay clean while he's asleep!). Also, my evenings didn't end at 7pm. Wow... when I say it that way, it almost sounds like why even have a kiddo.
However, let me take you through a day in my life: wake up around 8, get the little one dressed and ready for the day, make breakfast, and then we play. We usually go to the gym a couple times a week (although, this month, Cole's had a runny nose for most of it, so we have been going on walks). Then more playing. We eat lunch, nap, play, dinner, play, bath, sleep. We play all day. I mean, we build things together, we run around outside, we throw the ball for Stella, we read tons of books! Cole is an avid reader-- he'll sit by himself and read for 20 minutes at a time; that's like hours to an adult. It's so much fun watching him discover life. He loves somethings and really doesn't like other things. He thinks baby dolls are silly and he love trucks. He loves meat, but doesn't like his veggies. He's pure boy. I love being his mom.
This morning, he woke up really early and was so sad, so I got him a bottle and he came back to bed with me, we snuggled and sort of slept for an hour. He just needed a little bit of love and then he was ready to go back to bed. It was so wonderful-- cause snuggling only happens when we read. so, 1 hour was wonderful. I'm glad I don't watch the movies when they first come out, and I'm glad we do more take out than dine in, and I'm glad we go to the park and play instead of sit at a coffee shop. I love every moment of this little person and I love that my life has had to change-- I've grown more than him in lots of ways. For the first time, I know what really loving someone is.
So, there's my little tangent for today.

Comments

Kerri said…
Absolutely Beautiful Meg. Raw, real, touching and beautiful. Exactly how it should be. :)

Popular Posts