Seeds and Life

Whew, I've made it through another half semester and looks like things are going to ramp up before they end... however, I can make it. I must. I sometimes wonder why I am going to school. Why would I choose to put myself into stress? I think the reason is I want to look back at my life and know that I did not live in fear. I want to live a life of adventure. So, currently my adventure doesn't look too spontaneous, and often it is lived on other people's schedules. However, the adventure for me, is simply doing what I wouldn't ordinarily do. The count down has begun to the end of the semester, a few more credits down, a few more this summer, a few more next year, and poof.. done.

Cole and I planted seeds for our garden today. Every year I want to make the garden a place where we can grow and learn and eat from. So far, it's really only been a learning experience. It's a dang good thing I have never had to grow food to feed my family, because I'm pretty sure we would all have resorted to eating the bark off the trees in the back yard. My green thumb is taking a long time to grow... no pun intended. lol. This year we've got a whole huge pile of compost, I'm going to buy some manure (go figure growing food in poop.. gross right, but "they" say it works), and I've started the wee, tiny seeds inside this year. So, wish me luck, if not for the food, but for the learning process my son is sure to have. I can't wait to see the garden from his eyes. If all else fails, I know the grape vine produces... so, we can have grape jam again next year.

So, realistically, I would love to write every week, but as I'm not a great blogger, lets just say, I'll see you in a month (that's when school is out!).

Comments

Popular Posts