It has been a long time coming

So, if you know me you know that my older brother died at 27 a little over 4 years ago.  It has been a rocky ride for me and grief.  I have come so far and learned so much about myself and my relationships with God, my hubby, and friends.

Those whom I expected to be there in my sadness were somewhat not and God placed new people in my life.

There was a well known verse in Ecclesiastes that stuck out to me about life being seasons and how everything is made beautiful in its time.  I held onto that verse knowing that at some point life would once again be happy.  And, even in the pain, it was beautiful.  I am learning the fine art of being content where God has me.

I thought and thought and thought about it.

Two years ago after a solid year of thinking I decided to make it permanent in my life, and then found out I was pregnant with our sweet little girl, whom we had prayed for and wanted so very badly.  I put my plans on the back burner.

 Then this spring I once again started to make plans.  I started looking for the right fit and the right art.

On Wednesday at a small, hole-in-the-wall shop, I got my first tattoo.

It didn't hurt too badly, but I'm not going to lie, by the end I was ready to be done!!  I'm thrilled with the results.  I know it is going and be a reminder for the rest of my life of how life comes in seasons and some of them aren't pleasant, yet to become the person God want me to be, I must embrace those seasons, being content in the now, knowing that something else is ahead.

So, here's a pic from yesterday.  If you don't like tattoos, I'm really not looking for your comments.  Oh, and sorry about the tape marks, I can't get that silly sticky mess off!  


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Meg! No comment about tattoos, but when you mentioned "art," I thought you were going to talk about DOing art. Haven't you mentioned that before? Are you working on anything? Diane

Popular Posts