Changing Season

Life is changing again.  It always seems to do that once I'm quite comfortable.  We have two kids in school this year.  I can't hardly believe it!  My baby is going to be in afternoon kindergarten.  It reminds me that there is a season for everything-- our toddler season is done.  We have two kids now.  Wow, weird to say that!!  I'm so excited to send them both off into school this year.  I know my son will take care of my daughter and I know this will be a monumental year for our family.  I can just feel it.

I had intended to work this year and start to be a productive and earning member of our family, but that hasn't worked out.  So, I'm going to relax and enjoy the season of having a few hours every afternoon to myself.  I have been dealing with chronic fatigue for a while now and I have gotten some very good solutions from the 5th doctor I went to and I am starting to actually feel alive again-- I don't have to drink 3 cups of espresso first thing in the morning anymore!! I am actually sleeping through the night!!  I've been told that maybe just maybe my body will now start to lose weight as the issues I've been having have inhibited me from that.  But, honestly, if I don't, I'll be happy to just be able to make it through each day without feeling like I need a nap or an espresso or both.

While my children are growing and learning all the things they need, I'm going to do a few things! First is self care.  I'm going to start going to yoga again.  I'm going to nap if I need to.  I'm going to create-- art, write, sew.

I'm going to be purposeful with my time.  I want to have coffee dates with friends every day all day long, but that leaves me tired, feeling like I haven't accomplished anything, and usually I don't have dinner even thought of!  So, I'm going to give myself a schedule and stick to it.  I love hanging with friends, but not if I can't do all thing I need to do for my family.  I need to give them my first.

I'm going to clean.  I mean, I'm going to take each room and deep clean it.  I'm going to scrub grout, wash walls, get those dust bunnies and cob webs from summer-- I'm going to make sure this house actually looks the way I want it to!  I use to be a really awesome housekeeper-- that is before I had a million things to do and kids to mess it up.  I know I still have a million things to do and kids to mess it up, but those precious hours everyday are going to go a long way for me to have some sanity and some dust free living.  But, really, I'm not going to do this until it is probably October-- let's not get too crazy too soon!

Really though, I want to enjoy this new season.  I know I could be sad that Amelia is growing (and a part of me is)-- what I really want is to be happy with her-- that she gets to go and do this new thing.  She's a big kid now.  I'm happy for her.  I'm happy our family has survived this thing call life.  I am glad we can be together and be happy.  I can't wait to find out what it is to be a person again and not just a stay at home mom.  These last 10 years have been so rewarding and so rich and I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I am tired, I'm ready to feel like a woman again and not just a caretaker.

So, here's to the next chapter in life called Elementary school!    

Comments

Popular Posts