What do I really need?

So, this week has been moving week for us. I've been packing and packing and cleaning and clearing. I'm moving all my stuff from the front of the house to the back. We're finally getting our wood floors re-finished and in order to do that, the house has to be cleared. It's daunting. I'm moving, without the new house thing. In one way that's great, cause when it comes time to put everything away, it'll be easy. It also means that I'll have a nicer house that I already love.

All this packing makes me think about what I really need. I mean, do I really need 700 blankets and all those sweaters? Right now, no. But, maybe in the future? I guess winter does come every year and I will be thankful for the extra stuff, but really all of it? I've made a huge pile of "donate" stuff, but for the amount of stuff I'm packing up, there should be more- I think.

It's funny how in life I get cluttered up-- I think stuff is more important that people, I think having a clean house with no dust bunnies is the way to go. However, really what does it matter if I am unhappy or don't reach out to those I love? Also, playing a game with my son is so much more fulfilling than sweeping.

I'm growing, I'm learning, and right now I'm living in a cave-- an undecorated slightly dirty with boxes everywhere cave. And, I'm loving it. Hum, here's to next week when I actually unpack everything!

Comments

Popular Posts