Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quotes

I've started this post 4 times now and I don't really know what to say. I've been gardening, reading text books, knitting, watching Harry Potter movies, reading mediocre literature about marriage, and I cracked open the good old trusty quote book from high school. So, I will leave you with a few fantastic quotes:

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." -Winston Churchill

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." -Robert Louis Stevenson

"Cleaning your house while your children are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." -Phyllis Diller

OK, maybe they weren't fantastic, but they make me think of high school and that is fun to think about.

3 comments:

dsmitidaho said...

Here's one of MY favorites (especially for young moms!):
“If it won’t catch fire today, clean it tomorrow.” —Erma Bombeck ...

mamab said...

What do I need, love, honor and really use? Peter Walsh

Meggie said...

love those quotes! Thanks friends!