Monday, August 20, 2012

Quick Trip to Florida

Hi. As many of you know, I went to Florida to say good-bye to my grandpa. I wanted to be a support to my dad as he waved farewell to his dad and his last remaining parent. I know it was a difficult time for him as we all re-lived moments from Nate's funeral. Death is so final and even when someone is ill (such as grandpa was), it is still sad to know that it is the end. I am thankful that grandpa found a personal relationship with Jesus later in his life-- it didn't make him perfect by any means, but it gave him forgiveness and and eternity with God. I imagine he and Nate (they had a very special relationship) sitting somewhere and catching up.

While I didn't get any pictures of the actual funeral, I did get pictures of the fun times we all had together as the legacy grandpa passed to us.









4 comments:

liz said...

Haha, it's hilarious how close Colin is to the edge of the bed so as to not disturb Amelia! Great post :)

Kim said...

It's so amazing to run across your blog. You were in my first class ever and you made such an impression on me as a student and a person. I love seeing how you have grown and your beautiful kids. You will always be that eager cheerful student to me,
Kim

Meggie said...

Liz! I don't think he even knew he was sleeping next to Amelia. Colin and I bunked up while in FL (to save moola!) and he was sleeping like that as to not touch me! :)

Meggie said...

Kim, Thank you for such sweet words. I loved your class and you were one of my best professors! I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog. :)