I'm back

So, life has been busy and full and full of busy. I'm always running here and there and it seems like I rarely get a moment alone to just write.  So, I would very much like to start blogging again.  It's been a long time.
I have decided I need to cut out things that I'm doing just so I don't hurt people.  I sometimes schedule myself 3 or 4 things to do in a day-- which doesn't seem like a lot when you're a business person, but my life consists of nap time schedules, laundry, kindergarten schedules, feeding kidlets, grocery shopping, cooking, etc.  I am apart of a book club, a game club, 2 weekly Bible studies, have a gym membership, and plan at least 2 play dates a week.  I'm tired.  To top it all off, I have also been dealing with a flood/house remodel for over 2 months now.  So, that means, I have random worker men in my house all day almost every day.  I have dust flying, pee on my toilet from unknown people, and a dog who barks at every little noise, because she's confused.

I'm not sure how to say "no" when people want to do something.  I feel like I'm always up for dinner with friends, heck in the last week, we've had dinner with friends 4 times.  I love spending time with people.  I do feel energized when I'm with them.  Then, I come home and realize that I haven't had quality time with my little people, because I'm doing so much.

Last Wednesday, I woke up late, somehow got out the door in 25 minutes, went to Bible study, came home for a quick lunch, took Cole to school, ran errands, did nap time with Amelia, ran to get Cole, went to the gym, came home, fed my kids at 7:30, a friend came over until 9 and then I put the kids to bed.  This is a little busier than normal, but it's not so far out of the norm...  After I put my kids to bed, I realized that I was so busy doing good things that I didn't have any time to just be with them.

I'm trying to figure out what is going to fill me as a person and what is going to take away from my family.  I can't keep going and doing like I am.  I can't schedule something for every night of the week.  I just can't.

I have a lot of friends and only so much time.  I love people, and that's the hardest thing about trying to simplify life, I feel like in order to just be with my family, I have a cut out friendships... and I'm not sure how that works.

So, if I say no to you, please don't take it personal.  Please know that I am trying to find balance with my family.

I know adding my blog back in seems like something else to do, but really, for me, writing helps me to process my life.


Comments

Mercedes said…
It's so hard to find a balance in life! Maybe you could make certain set days "family days", so that when people ask you to do something you can say, "Oh, so sorry, Tuesday is family day" and people will totally understand. :)

Popular Posts