Elections, Birthdays, 10 pounds, and haircuts

Well, I feel like I should say something about Obama being our next president. I think things are going to look like they're getting better, but overall our nation is going to get worse-- like taxes are going to go up, moral issues are going to be challenged, and as I'm thinking about it- Cole might be almost 9 when Obama leaves the presidency. A lot could change, and I could be surprised and maybe he could be the best thing for our Nation- maybe God is taking us to our knees only to draw us closer to Him. I have to remember that God is still in control and I don't have to give into fear or the what ifs of this disapointing election result.

Last night we had Hannah's birthday celebration at our house. I made ribs, potatoes, and grean beans. YUM! I boiled the ribs first and then broiled them. I have to say, this is the way to get juicy, yummy ribs. I highly reccomend it. I even ate mine with out bbq sauce (can't have sugar or vinegar... pretty much can't have any sauces) and it was wonderful. Those that stayed late played games and hung out and it was really great to be with family!

10 pounds. That's how much I've lost doing this cleanse. I feel great, and don't have a tummy anymore (well, I do, but it's not sticking out very much!). Enough said.

I got a hair cut yesterday. I decided that I needed something new and different-- I had let me hair grow and grow and it was getting longish. So, I got about 4 1/2 inches cut off, a few layers, and now I feel cute again! Amazing what a little change and 15 minutes can do! Next week I'm going to get highlights and then I'll post a picture for everyone. \

The End

Comments

Unknown said…
I have to say, I'm not too concerned with Obama as our new president. Economically speaking, things are pretty bad right now, so I can't imagine they'll get much worse. And, taxes for people like us should go down if Obama stays true to what he said.

Congrats on losing the 10lbs, that's gotta feel great! Can't wait to see a picture of your new hair!

Popular Posts