Responsibilities and stuff

So this new adventure of being a sorta single mom has given me much more responsibility.  So much more.  I know it's kind of the same as last year and the time before that and the time before that...  I mean he has been gone several times before this current situation and it's probably going to happen again.. It happens.  They say jump and we jump.  It just always feel a little like a slap when I realize I have to do it all by myself.  I don't do outside stuff...  so raking this fall is going to be a group effort (you know who you are and you know I'm going to ask you!) and sorry to all my neighbors about the weeds that are now taller than my baby peach tree.  I did try to weed a few weeks ago and I just decided once again, I don't like it and I don't really care that it looks like a jungle.  I think it's got a nice "natural" feel to.  Also, sweeping is probably for people who like to go barefoot in the house and I've decided I'm no longer one of those people.  I like my flip flops.  So, come in, don't look too closely at the floor, and wear your shoes.  I'll make coffee.  I'm really good at making coffee-- espresso, french press, cold brew, drip-- I've got choices for you if you come over.

The people in my life-- those who are going to come and rake-- are the most wonderful supportive people,  who would step in and help me whatever the situation is.  I am blown away at the people who surround me and my children.  From family and friends to church family and neighbors-- I don't know why Hillary Clinton got some much crap for saying it takes a village to raise a child-- because let me tell you, I need every single person in my village to help me raise my children right now and I'm so grateful for the help!!  And, no, I'm not in love with Hillary or anything-- but sometimes there are treasures in garbage-- just saying.

I really want to take this time and grow.  I've been thinking about how and what and where and with what time and all of those factors and I'm thinking I need to really start to write again.  I mean, really write.  I don't think this tiny little blog is going to be the venue, although, I'm not opposed to it.  I just think that having a blog, you need to say things that are going to touch people where they are at and I'm not sure I'm able to write a lot of deep or meaningful things.  I just need to write though. I feel like all the words in me need to get out and I'm not even sure what I need to say, but there it is-- I need to write.  I don't need to watch TV or mess around on Facebook.  I just need to create.  I miss the research and the formatting and the figuring out sentence structure and I love it all.

I also really need to get myself ready for early morning and waking up before the sun and rousing kids from their warm comfortable nests to cast them into the cold morning for school... I'm so looking forward to school, but why can't school start at 10.  I think all good things don't need to start until 10.  I mean, the first movie showing isn't until 10:30 usually-- if we aren't awake enough to go to an early morning movie, why are we suppose to wake up early and go to school or work or anything else?  This is my night owl coming out, can you tell?  I just need to psych myself up for it.  I can do it.  I can adult.  I just don't always like to.  Like dinner-- EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  Really?  can we just eat dinner like 2 times a week and an apple the rest of the time?  But seriously, can we?

Alright.  So, here's the end of the miscellaneous post.  Not a whole lot said, but my snark is out, which means I'm doing ok.  Missing my man, wishing for less responsibilities, thankful for those of you who are standing with me and loving me through this season.


Comments

Unknown said…
That "snark" is something I treasure about you Miss...and I've been in the trash with you. :)Treasures can be found EVERYWHERE!
Unknown said…
That "snark" is something I treasure about you Miss...and I've been in the trash with you. :)Treasures can be found EVERYWHERE!
Meggie said…
I miss you, April!!! Yes, we have been known to stand in dumpsters together! Ha-ha
dsmitidaho said…
Meg,
Never realized we are so alike! But in 3 ways mentioned in your blog, we are:
1). Mornings. I'm NOT a morning person, though always wished I were. And I HATED waking up the kids when it was dark...often leaving for school it was still dark! Studies have been done. Especially teenagers do not benefit from early morning classes. It may not apply to elementary school, but I've always been told that the reason for school starting earlier and earlier is, in a word, sports. After school practices run right into dinner. No good answer have I to this issue, but there are educators discussing it.
2). I never understood why Hillary's book was so controversial. I didn't read it (nor did any of my friends who were so offended by the title). Maybe I'll read it. Perhaps there is something grossly offensive in it? My guess is no, but either way, I like the thought and always felt SO blessed by the family, friends, teachers, neighbors, S.S. Teachers, that loved and cared for our kids.
3). I'm a writer....without even a blog to my name! ;^) My thoughts must be written....I don't even know why. I rarely share what I write, but when I feel passionately about something - which I often do! - or if I just have questions, I need to write. Education, politics, parenting, medicine, Christianity, holding leaders of any kind accountable. Those are some of the things about which I write. Occasionally I'll post something on FB, but somehow my friends seem more interested in pictures of my beautiful grandchildren. ;^)

I can't identify with the temporary single parenting....but I'm glad you have friends who can - and many helpers in your time of need.

Popular Posts