Stay at home mom

So I know I'm a stay at home mom and that means I've got loads of time on my hands to just sit around and watch tv and eat bon bons (this is what Caleb likes to say anyways).  And, while that might be true if I was a stay at home mom with a nanny, I'm not.  Shocker.

I'm the kind of mom who stays at home and takes care of all the little and big stuff and pays the bills, and wipes tears and butts, and tries in vain to clean the house, and buys the clothes for the ever growing kids, and opens mail (and tosses it), and gets the groceries (putting them away too!), and plans the play dates (because that's what we do to get some sanity-- we drink coffee or beer/wine with other moms and call it a date for the kids)  I'm counselor, fight referee, cook, baker, taxi and honestly I work my butt off to keep things running.  I also get kisses and snuggles and lots of love.  But, even that can make me tired (come on, haven't they heard of personal space!).

Right now I'm so, so tired.  If you want to take my kids for the afternoon/evening/weekend, feel free to ask, I'll let you!  If you want me to watch your kids for the afternoon/evening/weekend please refrain until my life is less tiring.  I love helping my friends, but seriously, I can't.  I'm not there right now.  It's my turn to ask and I need you just to understand that.

So, come over in the evening with beer and a movie or coffee in the morning and give me a hug and be there.

That's it for now.  Thanks for loving me.  


Comments

Popular Posts