It has been a while

Lots of life has happened in these last few months that I have neglected my blog. I think I just didn't have inspiration. Not that I have tons right now, but spring is starting to peek out everywhere I look and that has a way of making my soul feel full again. We have an exuberant 5 year old now and a very sweet 9 month old. They are delightful to be around and in many ways, adding a child has actually made life easier. Cole is so helpful and Amelia is so much fun- I just can't imagine life without these two people. Cole is learning to read and loving it! He sounds out every sign he sees and sits down with board book and reads them to Amelia (ok, sometimes he makes up the stories!). He is busy, busy, busy! He loves to dig in the dirt, ride his scooter, play in his tree fort, watch tv, and still loves to sit for hours and build Lego creations. He goes to the best Montessori school for preschool and we have decided to keep him there next year as well. I am excited to see how he will continue to learn once he is going everyday. He and I have made some pretty big plans for this summer-- we are going to go swimming at the public pool once a week and go to the park another day during the week, then he plans on spending the rest of it with the neighbor kids. It should be a fun and relaxing summer-- I'll just need to stock up on snacks for the neighborhood! Haha Amelia is one very content baby (or maybe she is just lazy!). She is happy to sit on the floor and play with the toys around her. She is not very interested in crawling and hasn't even thought of pulling herself up onto the furniture. That is what we are here for-- to meet her every need. I don't, but Cole has such a loving and helpful heart towards his sis that when she cries, he's right there giving her comfort or a toy or a binky. I'm sure she will crawl soon, and at the moment I'm enjoying my happy sitting baby! This year is a big one for Caleb and me. Caleb turned 30 in January and I have officially dated or been married to him in 3 decades! That's pretty amazing to me. We celebrated with a smallish party at our house with good food and good beer. We will celebrate our 10 year anniversary this summer and Caleb is in charge of planning it... I'm hoping he does something really fun. I'm not sure what to expect, but he knows I'm expectant. So, feel free to remind him that he's got to plan something good! And as for me, I am training for the race to Robie Creek on April 20. It is the toughest half marathon in the west with about 10 miles being uphill. I'm spending about 3 days a week running/walking at the gym and have seen my endurance go up quite a bit. I have also hit the trail with the people I am going to be racing with and have seen for myself what it is going to take to make it. It is going to be hard. I am excited and a bit nervous. I am doing everything in my power and ability to be ready for this thing. I have no idea how much I'll be able to run on race day, but I do know I will finish the race. Even if I'm last, I'm ok with that because I will have proven to myself that I can do it. Ok, so there's the update on us. I hope you all are doing well.

Comments

Popular Posts